Panasonic partners with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity to offer leading software solution for securing mobile devices
BRACKNELL, UK. 13th November 2018 – Panasonic today announced a new partnership with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity, an IT security company that protects enterprises and public institutions around the world against cyberattacks. The partnership will see Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity equip the latest Panasonic Android devices with R&S Trusted Mobile, an Android-based, secured (“hardened”) operating system.
Maximum security: the latest Panasonic Android model FZ-T1 with R&S Trusted Mobile
The best of breed collaboration builds on Panasonic’s 20-year reign as market leader in Europe for rugged notebooks and tablets and couples this with Rohde & Schwarz’s trusted mobile software which offers a leading solution for securing mobile devices and protecting critical communication. The solution addresses the concerns of organisations that require rugged, durable devices, with maximum availability, whilst meeting the software security demands of the modern business.
“IT security is vital for mobile devices in many application areas,” said Timo Unger, Country Manager D-A-CH at Panasonic Computer Product Solutions. “Whether that be the police and security services, or industries like healthcare and energy, the collaboration with Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity means we now have an ideal partner to enable us to operate as a one-stop shop, offering our rugged and consequently failsafe mobile devices in combination with a particularly secure, Android-based operating system.”
Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity is an IT security company that develops technologically leading solutions for information and network security, including highly secure encryption solutions, next-generation firewalls and firewalls for business-critical web applications. The certified IT security solutions range from compact, all-in-one products to customised solutions for critical infrastructures.
“We are very pleased about our partnership with Panasonic,” said Olaf Siemens, Vice President Network & Endpoint Security at Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity. “The TOUGHBOOK tablets and handhelds from Panasonic in combination with our hardened and centrally managed operating system, R&S Trusted Mobile, are the perfect platform for all users who do not want to compromise on the ruggedness of their devices or on IT security. Thanks to the partnership with Panasonic, Europe’s leading vendor of rugged notebooks and tablets and the fastest-growing manufacturer of handhelds, Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity is able to offer powerful and secure all-round solutions.”
Further information regarding Panasonic Computer Product Solutions can be found at https://business.panasonic.co.uk/computer-product
Further information regarding mobile security products of Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity can be found at https://www.rohde-schwarz.com/uk/products/cybersecurity/mobile-security/mobile-security_232368.html
The Amber Group
+44 (0)118 949 7750
About Panasonic System Communications Company Europe (PSCEU)
Panasonic System Communications Company Europe’s (PSCEU) goal is to improve the working lives of business professionals and help their organisations’ efficiency and performance through world leading technology. We help organisations capture, compute and communicate all sorts of information: image, voice, and textual data. With around 350 staff, engineering design expertise, global project management capability and a large European partner network, PSCEU offers unrivalled capability in its markets.
PSCEU is made up of six product categories:
- Broadcast & ProAV gives you the freedom to tell the story with its high quality products and solutions, which ensure smooth operation and excellent cost-performance across a range of remote cameras, switchers, studio cameras and ENG P2HD. The cinema camera range of VariCam models and the EVA1 are capable of true 4K and High Dynamic Range (HDR) making them the ideal solution for cinema, television, documentary and live event production.
- Communication Solutions offers world leading telephony systems, SIP terminal devices and professional ‘network’ scanners giving you the freedom to focus on the communication and not the connection.
- Computer Product Solutions help mobile workers improve productivity with its range of TOUGHBOOK rugged notebooks, Toughpad business tablets and electronic point of sales (EPOS) systems. As European market leaders, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK had a 67% revenue share of sales of rugged and durable notebooks and Panasonic Toughpad held a 56% revenue share of sales of rugged business tablets in 2016 (VDC Research, March 2017).
- Industrial Medical Vision manufactures applications for various segments such as medical, life science, ProAV or industrial. The product portfolio includes complete and OEM camera systems, providing the freedom to see what can’t be seen.
- Security Solutions, built on a heritage of providing evidential quality CCTV footage. Delivering the highest image quality in all environmental conditions using our highly reliable, advanced technology cameras and image recording systems, giving you the freedom to feel secure.
- Visual System Solutions offers the widest range of professional displays and projectors and allows Audio Visual professionals the freedom to create. It leads the European high brightness projector market with a 39% market revenue share (Futuresource >5klm FY17 Q3, excl. 4K & digital cinema).
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development of diverse electronics technologies and solutions for customers in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, and B2B businesses. Celebrating its 100th anniversary in 2018, the company has expanded globally and now operates 591 subsidiaries and 88 associated companies worldwide, recording consolidated net sales of Euro 61.4 billion for the year ended March 31, 2018. Committed to pursuing new value through innovation across divisional lines, the company uses its technologies to create a better life and a better world for its customers. To learn more about Panasonic: http://www.panasonic.com/global
About Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity
Rohde & Schwarz Cybersecurity is an IT security company that protects enterprises and public institutions around the world against cyberattacks. It develops and produces technologically leading solutions for information and network security, including highly secure encryption solutions, next-generation firewalls and firewalls for business-critical web applications, innovative approaches for secure work in the cloud, and desktop and mobile security. The award-winning and certified IT security solutions range from compact, all-in-one products to customized solutions for critical infrastructures. To prevent cyberattacks proactively, rather than reactively, the company focuses on developing its trusted IT solutions according to the security-by-design approach. More than 500 people are employed at locations in Germany, France, Spain and the Netherlands.
R&S® is a registered trademark of Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG.