A new update for Overwatch introduces several changes to four of the game’s heroes, as well as bug fixes and a new map. The update rebalances Ana, Brigitte, Reinhardt, and Widowmaker in response to previous Overwatch updates and hero additions.
For Ana, the update increases the level of precision when determining the sensitivity of her rifle’s movements while zoomed. To make her match her counterparts, Brigitte now gets knocked down when shield bashing Doomfist’s Rocket Punch or Reinhardt’s Charge. Previously, only Doomfist and Reinhard would be stunned which would allow Brigitte to get in extra hits before either hero could recover.
Both Widowmaker and Reinhardt have larger changes. Like Ana, there’s now more control over Widowmaker’s sensitivity while zoomed. She also now retains her full momentum when using her grappling hook if she connects to a structure that doesn’t have a ledge. Reinhardt’s Earthshatter ability has been completely overhauled. It will now always travel up inclines and around the payload, and consistently hit enemies near a wall. Also, it will no longer damage enemies behind barriers or hit enemies that enter the ability’s damage cone after the wave has passed.
The update also patches a few bugs as well, the most notable of which caused weapons that fired multiple shots at once–like D.Va’s Fusion Cannons and Reaper’s Hellfire Shotguns–to inconsistently deal critical damage to enemy heroes. The full patch notes can be found on Overwatch’s website, but we’ve outlined the more significant bug fixes below.
Overwatch Update Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug that caused players to sometimes slip off railings
- Fixed a bug that prevented Torbjörn Armor Packs Created statistic from updating if the ability landed directly on a friendly target
- Fixed a bug that caused a delay in selecting options on the Communication Wheel when cycling left using a mouse
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte’s Shield Bash movement to be interrupted when she impacted Symmetra’s turrets
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Seismic Slam to cancel when using Symmetra’s Teleporter
- Fixed a bug that allowed D.Va to escape the map if she used Call Mech while standing on Mei’s Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that caused the Dragonstrike arrow’s size to be larger than his other arrows
- Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s Cryo-freeze to block the line of sight for Mei’s Blizzard
- Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain ultimate charge from using her damage beam on attacks that cannot be damage boosted
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reaper’s Shadow Step from going on cooldown if he was interrupted
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to pin targets that were behind him when using Charge
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt from pinning some targets when he turned during Charge
- Fixed a bug that allowed Reinhardt to use Earthshatter while standing on an enemy’s head
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from hitting enemies standing on a payload
- Fixed a bug that prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from traveling up certain inclines
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Roadhog’s Chain Hook to break after hitting an enemy while maintaining line of sight
- Fixed a bug that prevented Roadhog’s alternate fire from calculating falloff damage correctly
- Fixed a bug that sometimes prevented Reinhardt’s Earthshatter from landing if he was launched into the air while activating it
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from translocating to a moving platform
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra from destroying her Translocator if she was stunned or hacked
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Translocator from accurately indicating where Sombra would arrive when the ability was used
- Fixed a bug that prevented Sombra’s Hack from canceling Symmetra’s Photon Barrier placement
- Fixed a bug that caused Symmetra’s teleport UI to persist after being eliminated
- Fixed a bug that prevented Widowmaker’s Grappling Hook from connecting to some ledges
- Fixed a bug that caused Widowmaker’s scoped shots on hero placed objects to count against her Scoped Weapon Accuracy statistic, like Symmetra’s Teleporter and Torbjörn’s autocannon
- Fixed a bug that prevented Wrecking Ball’s Piledriver from dealing falloff damage
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball’s Piledriver to deal damage twice if he slid off the environment during its duration
- Fixed a bug that allowed Wrecking Ball’s primary fire to continue working even if it was disabled in custom game